Sunday, February 12, 2012

“Indemnity” by Paula Wiseman (Book Two: Covenant of Trust Series)

JUST WHEN BOBBI THINKS CHUCK’S AFFAIR IS BEHIND THEM…


A SHATTERED CHILDHOOD.

A MENDED MARRIAGE.

BOUND TOGETHER BY ONE LITTLE BOY.

After years of believing Chuck’s affair is behind them, Bobbi’s marriage is tested again when Tracy Ravenna resurfaces. Tracy’s not alone, though. Jackson Charles Ravenna is the newest student in Bobbi’s first grade class and the spitting image of her husband. When Chuck decides to pursue joint custody, they discover Jack isn’t the only secret Tracy’s been hiding.

As Tracy’s past begins to threaten their future with Jack, Bobbi is forced to face the unsettling truth about God’s grace. But this time, what will it cost to forgive the unforgivable?

Excerpt.

Bio:


I was born during the Summer of Love in Ashland, KY. I’m wife and mom of three, and a former chemist. I home school, I run a little, I’m a huge football and basketball fan, a hopeless nerd with a little techie geek thrown in. I teach Sunday school, I’m the Science Lady at Washington Elementary and I am so left-handed. I have a little dog, and a hateful cat.

Well, truth be told, I’ve been writing since I was a kid. I modeled my favorite stories, or wrote sequels to them. I wrote a full length novel while I was in college, and it currently resides in a dusty folder under my desk.

After a writing exercise, a plot began to form and a story began to nag at me, so in July 2005, I started work on the book that became Contingency.

In December 2010, Contingency, Book One of Covenant of Trust Series released. Indemnity followed in April 2011, building on the success and popularity of Contingency. The highly anticipated Book Three, Precedent released in October 2011.

My Review:

Paula has attained another peak with her book, Indemnity, the second in her Covenant of Trust Series. In Contingency, Chuck Molinsky has committed adultery with Tracy Ravenna, with the subsequent fallout of Chuck and Bobbi’s marriage and roller-coaster ride of emotional upheavals that befell the whole family, hitting Bobbi the hardest. Trust almost became an obscene word to Bobbi, let alone forgiveness of her husband.

After seven years of a quiet marital reconciliation, Tracy and her son, Jackson Charles Ravenna, arrive back in town. The bombshell explodes as Bobbi finds out about Chuck’s son from his adulterous affair when she finds Tracy has enrolled Jack in her first grade class. Emotional upheavals plow through Bobbi’s mind and heart, uprooting their family system with the news of a half-brother. Trust in her husband’s fidelity, attraction to Tracy, and honesty is revisited, while she wonders if Tracy’s manipulations and Jack’s appearance will destroy their marriage. Chuck filing for joint custody is an unconscionable act in Bobbi’s mind. Will Bobbi be able to trust and forgive once again?

What makes Paula’s book so pertinent and relevant is the absolute reality and pain of the circumstances, emotions, interventions, resolutions, and family reactions. You are pulled into the family dynamics once again. It’s intimate and personal. You hurt when they hurt. The fact that Paula has Bobbi trusting in Chuck’s re-commitment to the Lord and his marriage through their months of Godly counseling shows the strength of hope, faith and forgiveness in a very personal and meaningful way. Prayer is an integral part of the story, as should be in a Christian marriage.

An added dimension of tragedy in Tracy’s life is added to the story, which tugs on your heartstrings even deeper. Paula weaves this suspense throughout the story, keeping you on edge. The shocking end brings tears to your eyes.

I am thoroughly grateful for the way that Paula shows how God can work out any circumstance if we commit everything to prayer and trust in Him. It’s what gives me hope.

If you’ve read Contingency, be sure to pick up Indemnity. It will bless your heart in ways you wouldn’t expect. I would highly suggest you read Contingency first.

This book was provided by Paula Wiseman in exchange for my honest review. No monetary compensation was exchanged.

Review of Contingency.

Posted on February 12, 2012, and tagged , , , , , , , .

No comments: